The state of Minnesota has passed a bill that allows for the use of CBD and other cannabinoids. This new law went into effect on July 1, 2019, but it has been met with confusion among consumers who aren’t quite sure what they can and cannot buy in their state. So we have put together this guide to help you understand how the legal status applies to Delta 8 products in Minnesota State.
If you live in Minnesota, you can legally purchase Delta 8 at many locations. This holds true regardless of whether or not you are currently seeking medical attention.
The laws for recreational use in Minnesota are slightly different than those for medicinal purposes. For example, recreational users can purchase only one gram at a time.
In contrast, medicinals may have as much as two and a half ounces on hand at any given time (this limit does not apply to concentrates). It’s also worth noting that individuals under 21 cannot buy or possess marijuana products, regardless of their purpose (recreational or medical).
Why Is Delta 8 THC Deemed Legal in Minnesota State Law?
Delta 8 THC is legal in Minnesota because it’s derived from hemp, a plant that does not have enough THC to get you high. In addition, Delta 8 is a chemical compound from the cannabis plant with a low level of THC (the psychoactive ingredient).
It has a genetic origin with cannabis, but its molecular composition sets it apart from weed. There is not enough THC in it to get high. Since Delta 8 is chemically different from marijuana and doesn’t get anyone high, it’s not illegal in Minnesota State or any other state, for that matter!
Why Delta 8 Hemp Flower Is So Popular
Delta 8 is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that has recently become quite popular. It’s legal in Minnesota State and has gained popularity for its ability to relieve pain without any side effects associated with marijuana. Here are some more facts about Delta 8:
- Delta 8 is a legal cannabinoid in many states.
- This hemp flower contains no THC, so you won’t get high from smoking or vaping it. This makes it an effective treatment for those who wish to avoid getting stoned while treating their medical conditions or want relief from minor aches and pains without feeling uncomfortably high all day.
- Delta 8 relieves pain, inflammation, anxiety, and other symptoms by binding itself to receptors found throughout our bodies’ endocannabinoid systems (ECS). The ECS helps regulate moods as well as physiological processes such as appetite control and immune function; when this system becomes imbalanced due to injury or disease processes like cancerous growths affecting organs such as lungs (I’m thinking specifically here), then we need something like delta-8 which can bind up at least some receptor sites where no longer have access due to one thing happening over another.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Buy Delta 8 THC In Minnesota State
The legal age to buy Delta 8 in Minnesota is 21, but you must be 18 years old to get a medical marijuana prescription. Medical marijuana may be purchased legally in Minnesota by anybody over the age of 18 at one of the legislature’s many dispensaries. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must accompany you and provide proof of age in the form of a government-issued picture ID.
If you cannot produce a photo ID, the dispensary can also verify your age by checking your date of birth against the information on file with the state’s health department.
Where to Buy Delta 8 THC Products in Minnesota State
Delta 8 can be purchased at many dispensaries throughout the state of Minnesota. However, some requirements must be met by a person wishing to purchase Delta 8 in this manner:
- They must be 21 years of age or older
- They must have a valid government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, or military ID)
Once these conditions have been met, you can search for an approved dispensary near you by clicking here. Also, you can purchase your favorite products online. Some of these products include:
Final Note: Delta 8 From Hemp is Legal in Minnesota
We hope that this article has helped you to understand the legality of Delta 8 in your area. If you are still confused as to whether or not anything is legal, you should get in touch with the authorities in your area. They know the ins and outs of the law in your area and can offer you a definite response. You can also search for assorted Delta 8 products on the FreshBro’s site. Enjoy!